Friday, April 16, 2010

A rather long, so long

One of my closest friends, Brad (@exejesus on twitter), just moved to Texas. Brad and I have been through a lot together. We've had plenty of fights that, in the end, made our friendship stronger. We by any means aren't friends who see everything the same way, which has led to our share of disagreements, but has taught both of us to be more tolerating people. It's hard to know that someone you've known for 10 years isn't going to be right there like they always have been, physically speaking. But through all of this I keep telling myself that this isn't the end of the book, just the end of a chapter. This also gives me reason to visit Texas, where there's a few other outlaw preachers I can get to meet up with.

This past weekend, was basically a weekend of saying so long to Brad. I was the last Ohioan friend to see him before he left (that I know of). We went to get his moving truck together and everything felt normal. We joked around, and made a good time out of boring situations just like always. I don't think the full reality of him being gone has really sunk in yet for me.

The Sunday before he left a few of us hung out and went out on one last adventure, during which Phil took some awesome photos, which are in the video.

This wasn't a very deep blog, but I just needed to write. Thanks for reading.



Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Tipped It