Saturday, September 11, 2010

where do we draw the line?

I've been thinking a lot lately, especially with this Pastor in florida who wants to burn the koran, where do we draw the line? Where do we stop trying to show love, grace, and forgiveness and begin to tell people how stupid they are? This isn't just towards one group. i see conservatives who will jump that the chance to inform some how wrong they are for not following the same beliefs or doctorines. Then I see liberal belivers who always speak of showing love except towards the conservative christians. They treat the conservative christians like the conservative christians treat everyone they disagree with. I see talk of grace all through out scripture, and I also see Jesus openly calling out faults of Jewish religious seemingly with no concern of feelings. I do believe it's very possible to show someone love, and in turn tell them how ridiculous they are being, but, personally, the only time I truely feel that it is effective is when there is a pre-existing relationship with the ridiculous behaving person that you intend to keep in tact through and after calling them out. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm simply saying that's the only time I've seen such confrontation be effective. Truth is a powerful thing. Like a knife, in the hands of some one who's angry and has ill intent a lot of damage can be some, but in the hands of someone with good intentions harmfull things can be removed.

I'm not posting this in a sense of taking sides I'm posting this in the midst of my on quest for what the proper place is. Maybe there isn't just one right place. Maybe some people are supposed to be brutal in their words, while others are to be gentle and reserved. Maybe God is in both.

I hear so much arguing any more and often I find myself partly on both sides. That frustrates me a little cause i feel just indecisive, but at the same time it's always been who i am. I have a habbit of arguing sides i don't agree with simply for the sake trying to get others to see outside of their own story.

I'm posting this simply to share my journey with those who for some reason seem to care, and to get feedback to learn from. To get me to see outside of my own story.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Tipped It